In this video, explore modifying the default application that's installed and adding additional CSS and HTML templates to start creating your own Angular project.
- [Narrator] So let me show you how…this app component file works, and what…you can do to customize what you see in the application.…As I mentioned before, the selector here is…a reference to in the index.html file,…there is a tag that's going to be replaced by this app,…and this template URL refers to this HTML document.…So you could customize things by editing this HTML document,…however you can really just type in regular HTML here,…instead of using template URL if you just say template,…then whatever you type in here, so lets try like,…h1 and type in welcome and this should replace…the entire page with just whatever is in here.…
And if you want it to display this title,…then we could use double curly braces here…and put in the variable name,…so if we do that then it'll replace that…with angular interface, we can change that…to whatever we want to here, and if we have,…the angi surf command running, which I do on my terminal,…you should see this browser update automatically.…Now if you wanted to have multi lines for the HTML,…
- Building custom Angular projects
- Working with subcomponents
- Adding icons
- Adding search functionality
- Using lifecycle methods
- Managing list data
- Indexing your data
- Updating records
Skill Level Intermediate
Using the exercise files1m 43s
1. Building Custom Angular Projects
2. Working with Subcomponents
3. Creating More Subcomponents
Managing form submission8m 33s
4. Managing List Data
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.