To add search functionality, you need to engage two-way data binding to capture the value of the query and manage the event through your components.
- [Instructor] And then we have the other components…in our application,…it's time to add the search component.…And you can get to it at this URL.…So just like before, I'm going to hit the Raw button…to get all of this free build bootstrap code.…And then we'll add some of the Angular stuff to it.…So here's my search component.…I'll paste that in here…and let's go ahead and save it.…And you'll be able to see that this component,…essentially, has a search box right here,…as well as a drop down.…So we'll be, for remain the functionality for all that…and the remaining videos in the course.…
All right, so let's go ahead and make this bigger…so we can see more of what's goin' on.…And we're really interested in this input field right here.…It's a little bit long, so I'm going to break it down…in two here.…And I usually add all of my Angular classes or directives…at the end of my HTML tags.…So, I'm going to use to of 'em, right here.…Two directives.…And the first one is going be an NG model directive…that I'm going to put in this sequence of brackets…
- Building custom Angular projects
- Working with subcomponents
- Adding icons
- Adding search functionality
- Using lifecycle methods
- Managing list data
- Indexing your data
- Updating records
Skill Level Intermediate
Using the exercise files1m 43s
1. Building Custom Angular Projects
2. Working with Subcomponents
3. Creating More Subcomponents
Managing form submission8m 33s
4. Managing List Data
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.