In order to sort your data, you need to pass an object with the appropriate sorting information to a method that handles the sorting in the main component.
- [Instructor] So it's time to make our drop-downs…actually do something here.…Now, this is going to be pretty familiar.…To do that, we're going to create and track an event…whenever you click on one of these.…And then that's going to generate a local event…that gets pushed through the parent component's HTML…into our main component.…And so we've been doing that all along,…so this will be great practice.…And we'll start out by making this bigger.…And so we'll go to the search-component,…which has that drop-down.…
And let's just move this app-component over here…in my editor just so that I have…things kind of more together.…So we'll go back here to search-component…and I'm going to start out just sort of moving these things…to the next line.…Usually, my style, when I'm programming in Angular, is to…break things down…into their own line if they're long enough…and then also, as I mentioned before,…I try to put, like, the Angular commands at the very end.…
So let's go ahead and…we're going to need to track another event here.…
- Building custom Angular projects
- Working with subcomponents
- Adding icons
- Adding search functionality
- Using lifecycle methods
- Managing list data
- Indexing your data
- Updating records
Skill Level Intermediate
Using the exercise files1m 43s
1. Building Custom Angular Projects
2. Working with Subcomponents
3. Creating More Subcomponents
Managing form submission8m 33s
4. Managing List Data
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.