Now that you have new components built for the video title and large overlays, learn how to instantiate them within your main application and replace the older DOM element structures. Additionally, since Angular animation states must be defined as strings, create a new method to translate what currently exists as boolean values into string values.
- [Narrator] Now that we have our new components…built for the video title and large overlay,…we need to instantiate them within our main application…and replace the older dom element structures.…Additionally, since angular animation states…must be defined as strings,…we'll need to create a new method…to translate what currently exists…as Boolean values into string values.…So as we can see here, we have our…isHidden piece coming in as a string.…So what we need to do is go into…our video.service TypeScript and add a new function in here.…
I'll just add this right up top here.…It doesn't really matter where.…And this is found in the snippets file.…It's a function called checkHidden.…And here we set isHidden as a string to false.…And we check to see if this.isPlaying is set to true.…If it is, then we set isHidden equal to a string of true,…else, if it's not, we set it to a string of false…and then simply return it.…This will be invoked when we need those string values…based on the isPlaying Boolean.…
We'll also have to do something similar…
- Installing the Angular CLI
- Creating a new project
- Verifying the animations package
- Configuring project routes
- Animating components
- Triggering animation between states
- Stepped and parallel animation
- Writing reusable animations
- Animating individual items with query and stagger
- Animating an existing Angular project
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Ready to Animate
2. Enabling Angular Animations
3. Angular Animation Basics
4. Advanced Angular Animation
5. Animating an Existing Interface
6. Package for Distribution
Building the project1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.