- Setting up and seeding your database
- Using HTTP requests and routing in Angular
- Creating an Angular service
- Adding JWT authentication
- Implementing a user login
- Sending JWTs to API requests
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Victor] Hi, I'm Victor Mejia, and welcome to this course on Angular: API Communication and Authentication. Angular is a feature-rich framework complete with modules to write custom components, testing your application, and very importantly, making HTP requests to talk to APIs. In this course, I'll be guiding you through building a full stack contact manager application using Angular, Node, Express, and MongoDB. In this application you'll be able to log in, view current contacts, add new contacts, and log out of the application.
We'll cover how to set up a RESTful API using Express and communicate with it using Angular's built in HTP module, building a robust and extendable API service along the way. Next, we'll add authentication to our API using JSON web tokens, implement user login and authentication, and also leverage Angular's router to protect our client-side routes. We've got a lot of ground to cover, so let's dive in.