The Bootstrap framework no longer comes with its own icons. To address this issue, learn how to install the Font Awesome library and learn what it takes to implement them.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at what we need…to do to add some icons into our project.…One of the better libraries out there…for icons is called Font Awesome…which you can get at this URL.…Now, if you got to the Icons section,…you can see that there are over 1,400…free icons that you can use and there are…some paid versions for some additional icons.…And, you can do a search right here…for the icon that you want to use…and it's going to give you a name for the icon…which will be important when you…implement this in your project.…
There's a special version of Font Awesome…for Angular and you can take a look…at that at this URL.…Now, the way that you install things…is a little bit different, and it does…give you a few additional features…so you can add things like rotation…and spinning and pulsing.…Pretty cool stuff so let's take a look…at how we do that in our project.…As I mentioned, we already installed…some of this when we added things…with npm so in our package.json…you're going to see that we have these dependencies…
- Building custom Angular projects
- Working with subcomponents
- Adding icons
- Adding search functionality
- Using lifecycle methods
- Managing list data
- Indexing your data
- Updating records
Skill Level Intermediate
Using the exercise files1m 43s
1. Building Custom Angular Projects
2. Working with Subcomponents
3. Creating More Subcomponents
Managing form submission8m 33s
4. Managing List Data
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.