When you have a look inside of the package.json file for this project, you can see that while the basic packages such as @angular/common, @angular/core, and @angular/platform-browser are listed, but @angular/animations is not. It is necessary to include this package into your existing project via npm.
- [Instructor] We'll now go through…and add angular animations…to an existing angular project.…You can find the starter source code for this…in the exercise files.…And here I've brought it into Visual Studio Code.…When we have a look inside our package json file…for this project,…you can see that while basic packages,…such as angular/common, angular/core,…and angular/platform-browser,…are all listed,…angular animations is not.…It is necessary that we include this package…into our existing project via ndm.…
So inside of our dependencies here,…we want to go ahead and actually add in our animations…as an entry in npm.…So here we're adding angular/animantions,…and we want version 4.2 or above.…Go ahead and save that.…What we'll do next is from the project folder,…since we've updated our package.json,…you'll notice we don't have any…npm or node modules listed here…because we don't have any of that stuff yet.…
So let's go ahead and npm install…- -save-dev angular/cli latest.…This will install the latest angular cli…for us and save it to this project directory.…
- Installing the Angular CLI
- Creating a new project
- Verifying the animations package
- Configuring project routes
- Animating components
- Triggering animation between states
- Stepped and parallel animation
- Writing reusable animations
- Animating individual items with query and stagger
- Animating an existing Angular project
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Ready to Animate
2. Enabling Angular Animations
3. Angular Animation Basics
4. Advanced Angular Animation
5. Animating an Existing Interface
6. Package for Distribution
Building the project1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.