Dan Gookin presents defensive measures to take online and on your Android to avoid security compromise or infection. Learn how to identify and defend yourself against social engineering, learn about phishing attacks, be cautious of trusted sources, and how to avoid enticing and tantalizing offers, links, and attachments. Additionally, learn about different tips and suggestions for avoiding common attacks.
- [Instructor] Android security isn't about being smart…as much as it's about remembering to be smart.…This is your best tool to protect your phone or tablet…and online identity and I'll show you how to use it.…The bad guys are fond of a trick called social engineering.…It's devious because though you're a smart person…and you're careful online, you can be fooled.…Therefore, you must actively pay attention if you're…to avoid being trapped.…
Social engineering works by gaining your trust.…Popular techniques for gaining your trust online include…phishing, hijacked accounts and baiting.…Each of these techniques is designed to fool you…into dropping your guard.…As an example, consider a phishing attack.…You get an email from your bank.…A transfer has come in but you need to verify it.…Tap the link to proceed.…The link leads to a site that looks like your bank's webpage…but, notice the address, it's not really your bank.…
If you proceed to input your username and password,…the bad guys own your bank account.…Hijacking is another technique to fool you…
- Explain how to remove all geotag location data from images.
- Recognize the downside of disabling backup and synchronization processes for your Android.
- Recall what information is not affected by a factory data reset.
- Determine what to do when an app asks permission to access strange applications.
- Identify the dangers associated with an open network.
- Explain why users should never skip Android updates.