Many applications access the data stored on a device. But how do they use that data? Ryan Spence explains how to securely control the behavior of an application when it is running on your device. Keep your data secure from prying eyes. Explore how applications access your data, to secure your device from third-party developers.
- Software is a complex system of functions…and vulnerabilities.…iOS has made it possible to control applications…simply by turning them off.…Turning an application off through restrictions…hides the application from the user.…On the phone, it will look like the application…isn't even installed.…I will access restrictions by going to Settings,…General, and swiping down to Restrictions.…Restrictions are off by default.…I will select Enable Restrictions.…
I will also enter a restrictions passcode.…I only have the option to set a four digit PIN,…but because this setting is secured behind the passcode,…four digits will work.…If I disabled restrictions sometime in the future,…I will need to enter my passcode…and verify by entering it again.…Once enabled, I can determine if any…of the applications are a security threat to me.…I want to disable everything I don't use,…which disables yet another potential access point…from malicious activity.…To start off, I don't have a car…that can take advantage of CarPlay,…so I'll disable it.…
- Understanding mobile security risks
- Buying and disposing of mobile devices
- Setting up mobile passwords
- Implementing lock screen security
- Adjusting Android admin settings and iOS privacy options
- Setting up options to find your phone
- Securing cameras, microphones, and other hardware on your mobile device
Skill Level Beginner
1. Considering the Need for Security
2. Securing an Android Device
3. Securing an iOS Device
4. Securing Device Hardware
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.