Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video The future of IoT, part of Programming the Internet of Things with Android.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Well, as we're coming close to the end…because the Internet of things is always changing,…it's interesting to think about…what's the future of the Internet of things.…Enchanted objects that will succeed will be the ones…that carry on the traditions and promises of the objects…of our age-old fantasies.…The ones that connect with and satisfy our fundamental…human desires.…They will be cars that transport us as safely…and delightfully as flying carpets.…Writing instrument that remember.…Rings that connect us.…Tools with as much utility, familiarity, and character…as my family's barometer.…
That's David Rose again from Enchanted Objects.…So, in the future of the Internet of things,…we need to think about the trend of things.…What's happening in things right now…and how far out can we project that?…It's good to think about…other kinds of connectivity options.…We thought a little bit about Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.…There are other things coming down the road…that are going to be very, very interesting for connecting…things to apps and apps to the Internet.…
- Exploring the Internet of Things
- Understanding sensors and effectors
- Connecting inputs and outputs
- Connecting to devices via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- Creating Bluetooth apps using Android
- Creating your own things with programmable hardware
- Using IFTTT to program things
- Exploring the trends in things
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Note-Taking App for Android (2013)with David Gassner3h 7m Intermediate
Connecting Android Apps to RESTful Web Serviceswith David Gassner3h 24m Intermediate
Programming the Internet of Things with iOSwith Michael Lehman2h 49m Intermediate
1. The Internet of Things (IoT)
2. Composing a Thing
3. Connecting to Things
4. Creating Things
5. Managing Your Things
6. The Future of IoT
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.