If you need help getting started writing your app store description for Google Play and the App Store, this framework will get you started down the right path.
- [Instructor] Your App Store description…is not only important for ranking and search,…but it also serves as a way…to compel users to download your app once they find it.…So it is worth it to spend some time…focusing on the description.…But before you start writing, ask yourself these questions.…What does you app do?…What problem does your app solve?…What is unique about your app?…Why should someone download your app versus a competitor.…If you're writing description for a game,…ask yourself the following additional questions…that users will want to know.…
What genre is your game?…How does the gameplay work?…What are the best features of your game?…What is the challenge of your game?…And finally, why is it better than a similar game?…It's important to think like your target audience.…What would stand out to you?…Why do you download one app over another?…As part of this course, be sure to download…the writing framework handout I've created for you…and fill in the answers to these questions.…
Then list them in the order of importance.…
- Comparing the App Store and Google Play store
- How Apple and Google rank your app
- Choosing an app name, keywords, and category
- Writing a description for your app
- App indexing
- Deep linking
- Creating icons, screenshots, and demo videos
- Monitoring ASO performance
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/14/2017. What changed?
A: We added one video, "How the iTunes App Store ranks your app," which helps you understand the determining factors, such as app name and length, that affect how your app ranks in App Store search results.