Learn how to open webpages in various tabs, similar to a desktop computer. Find out how to create a new blank tab as needed; open a link in a new tab; manage and switch between the open tabs; close tabs; open an Incognito tab for trackless web browsing; and use the notification to close the Incognito tab.
- [Instructor] The Chrome Web Browser app…uses a tabbed interface.…On an Android tablet, this feature works…just like it does on a desktop computer…with tabs marching across the top of the screen.…On an Android phone, however,…managing the tabbed interface can be a bit tricky.…To open a new tab in the Chrome app,…tap the action overflow and choose new tab.…The new tab appears, you may see a search bar…as well as thumbnails representing frequently opened pages.…Tap a thumbnail to visit that site,…or you can type the address of a new website to visit it.…
To open a link in a new tab, long press the link.…Choose open in new tab.…The new tab is spawned and the link opens that tab,…but the browser doesn't switch to the tab.…This asks the question, how do you switch tabs?…On an Android tablet, you tap the tab atop the screen,…just as you would click a tab on a computer.…On a phone, you tab the tabs box.…Choose a tab to switch to.…
To dismiss a tab, tap the tab box again…and then tab and X by the tab thumbnail to remove it.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.