Learn how to move and rearrange app icons, or launchers, and widgets on the Home screen. Add new launchers, use the Favorites tray to view the same launchers on all home screen pages, and add and remove icons from the Favorites tray. Create a folder to deal with too many icons on the Home screen. Use folders to organize similar apps. Change a folder's name to reflect its contents. Add widgets to the home screen.
- [Instructor] To keep handy those apps you use frequently,…consider placing an app's launcher icon on the home screen.…You start by locating a home screen page…that has room enough for the app launcher…and this device has no problem.…Tap the app's icon to visit the Apps Drawer.…Locate the app you want to place on the home screen…such as well, Facebook.…Long-press the icon, keep your finger down…and instantly, the screen changes back to the home screen…where you can position the app.…
The app hasn't been moved.…Instead, a launcher icon appears…which is like a copy or a shortcut.…The original app can still be found in the Apps Drawer.…Although, by having the launcher on the home screen,…you can access the app more quickly.…As a tip, if you can't find room on a home screen page…then drag the app icon right or left…until a page with enough room comes into view.…For example, I'm going to add Twitter…but I'll drag it over to the right home screen page.…Find the app in the Apps Drawer, long-press…and I'm going to drag it over to the right…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Understanding the Home screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. Managing Apps
4. Your Mobile Address Book
5. Mobile Email
6. On the Phone
7. The Mobile Web
8. Smile for the Camera
9. From Here to There
10. Plan Your Day
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.