More people are using app store search to find new apps than any other channel. Make sure you're not missing out on the largest channel for app downloads.
- [Narrator] Why is ASO important?…Search is the largest distribution channel…for both iOS and Android apps,…in the app store and Google Play, respectively.…How large?…Well, in a survey by Tune, 47% of respondents…said that they found apps by searching…within the iTunes app store.…That is three times higher than the…next most common method of finding apps,…which was a recommendation from…a friend or a family member.…Additional data directly from Apple…suggests that the percent of downloads…from search has risen to 65%,…and these numbers are not limited to this one survey either.…
In a European based survey,…63% of respondents said that search…within an app store was the most common way…that they discovered new apps.…Let's put those percentages into context,…with two more percentage based stats in a real number.…12% of daily active users,…search for apps on the Google Play store.…50% of these people search weekly.…In raw numbers, this is over six million…unique phrases searched every month…on the Google Play store alone.…
- Comparing the App Store and Google Play store
- How Apple and Google rank your app
- Choosing an app name, keywords, and category
- Writing a description for your app
- App indexing
- Deep linking
- Creating icons, screenshots, and demo videos
- Monitoring ASO performance
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/14/2017. What changed?
A: We added one video, "How the iTunes App Store ranks your app," which helps you understand the determining factors, such as app name and length, that affect how your app ranks in App Store search results.