Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Where to go from here, part of Android App Development: Local Data Storage (2013).
Thanks for sitting with me through this video series, Android SDK: Local Data Storage.…In this series I described how to work with locally-stored data in the form of…preferences, files, and the SQLite Relational Database Engine.…I described strategies for creating, changing, and displaying data, and showed how…to apply best practices in Android Database Programming.…To learn more about programming in Java, check out the course Java Advanced Training,…and for more about object-oriented programming in general, I recommend…watching Foundations of Programming Object-Oriented Design.…
I hope this course has helped you get ready to build your own data-centric Android apps.…Thanks again for watching, and happy programming.…
- Exploring local data storage options
- Creating an Android virtual device
- Starting a new project
- Defining preferences with Java and activities
- Creating and reading JSON and XML data files
- Creating a new SQLite database
- Inserting and retrieving data in the database
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using Application Preferences
3. Using Internal and External File Storage
4. Working with SQLite Databases
5. Managing and Displaying SQLite Data
Improving the data display9m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.