Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Where to find new IoT devices, part of Android App Development: Internet of Things.
- The Internet of Things is a very fast moving place,…so where can you find out about more things for yourself?…Well, there's four places I've got to suggest for you.…The first is iotlist.co, which shows you this nice,…gallery style list of products and allows you to see…for each product a link to buy, a link to the video,…and a link to the website.…Next is iotnewsnetwork.com.…They have articles and a variety of evaluations…of different kinds of things…and allow you to browse by category.…
Of course, Kickstarter, and here I've searched…by Bluetooth LE to see a number of Kickstarter devices…that are either currently in the process of being funded…or have already been funded to allow you to…get the technology prebuilt so maybe you can build…some additional software for your Android phone or tablet,…and finally, Indiegogo, where you can see a variety…of devices including one that's one of my favorites here,…the FOBO tire, it's a tire pressure management system…that works with either your car or your bike.…Mount Bluetooth-enabled sensors on the ends of the valves…
- Exploring the Internet of Things
- Understanding sensors and effectors
- Connecting inputs and outputs
- Connecting to devices via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- Creating Bluetooth apps using Android
- Creating your own things with programmable hardware
- Using IFTTT to program things
- Exploring the trends in things
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Note-Taking App for Android (2013)with David Gassner3h 7m Intermediate
Programming the Internet of Things with iOSwith Michael Lehman2h 49m Intermediate
1. The Internet of Things (IoT)
2. Composing a Thing
3. Connecting to Things
4. Creating Things
5. Managing Your Things
6. The Future of IoT
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.