In this video, Emmanuel Henri discusses what the requirements for following this course are.
- [Instructor] Prior to taking this course you should have some experience with android development. If that isn't the case, take a look at our library for a full list of introductory courses. Also equally important, you should be familiar with one of the two languages used with android, Java or Kotlin. For this course I'll use Java, but needless to say, you can use Kotlin as well to build your widgets, if you prefer this language. So if you're not familiar with any of those languages you might have some issues following what we cover in this course, and I'd suggest you take a look at our library for basic courses covering these languages. This course can be followed on Mac, Windows, or Linux using the latest version of Android Studio.
- Design guidelines for Android widgets
- Creating the widget layout
- Working with the AppWidgetProvider class
- Adding functionality with provider functions
- Pinning app widgets