Whether you are an indie developer or a marketer in charge of launching your first mobile app, this course will help you learn the foundations of ASO.
- You do not need to have any prior marketing experience to benefit from this course. Whether you are an indie developer who needs some marketing help, or a marketing manager at an organization that is preparing to launch a new app or get more downloads of an existing one, you will benefit from this course. To help you with optimizing your app for Google Play and the App Store, I've created a planning and writing handout that you can find in the downloads. There's also a one page list of additional resources that I reference throughout the course listed for you in one convenient location.
I'll cover the handout in more detail in chapter two.
- Comparing the App Store and Google Play store
- How Apple and Google rank your app
- Choosing an app name, keywords, and category
- Writing a description for your app
- App indexing
- Deep linking
- Creating icons, screenshots, and demo videos
- Monitoring ASO performance
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/14/2017. What changed?
A: We added one video, "How the iTunes App Store ranks your app," which helps you understand the determining factors, such as app name and length, that affect how your app ranks in App Store search results.