Get familiar with what are going to be built. Set the expectation for the course.
- [Instructor] In this course, we'll be building a shopping app that showcases products with user comments. We'll pay close attention to material design guidelines for alignments, drop shadows, interactions, and motion. The goal is to build a user interface that is not only consistent with the rest of Android but also enjoyable to use. We'll markup the actual functionality such as data fetching that should be straightforward to add this part in when building a full app.
The minimum requirement for running the code in this course is Android 5 Lollipop. You can either use a real device or an emulator, however, for the best result, especially to achieve smooth animations, I recommend using a device with the latest version of Android. I'll use a Nexus 5X with Android 7 Nougat and a tool to mirror a screen onto the computer for you to see in the video.
- Using material design principles
- Working with units and measurements
- Using elevation and drop shadows
- Leveraging grids and keylines
- Setting up React Native for Android
- Building floating action buttons
- Creating an immersive experience
- Adding motion and transitions
- Animating icons
- Using component libraries