App Store Optimization or ASO is the process of getting your app to rank higher in app stores. This video will show you what the key elements of ASO are.
- [Instructor] What is ASO?…App Store Optimization or ASO…is the process of improving the visibility…of a mobile app in an app store for IOS,…or Google Play for Android.…Similar to SEO or Search Engine Optimization…for websites,…ASO is for mobile apps.…Specifically App Store Optimization includes…the process of ranking highly in an app store…search results and top charts.…And the higher an app ranks,…the more downloads it gets.…There are several components that contribute…to and influence your apps ranking…within Google Play and the App store.…
The five key elements are:…The name of your app,…your app's description,…the keywords that describe your app,…the number and quality of user ratings,…and the number of downloads your app gets.…Let's talk about each of these in more detail.…The name of your app should be as descriptive as possible,…while striking a balance between having…a concise brandable title versus a spammy title…that is completely filled with keywords.…If you plan on releasing outside of your Native Country,…
- Comparing the App Store and Google Play store
- How Apple and Google rank your app
- Choosing an app name, keywords, and category
- Writing a description for your app
- App indexing
- Deep linking
- Creating icons, screenshots, and demo videos
- Monitoring ASO performance
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/14/2017. What changed?
A: We added one video, "How the iTunes App Store ranks your app," which helps you understand the determining factors, such as app name and length, that affect how your app ranks in App Store search results.