Learn about the Google Play In-app Billing API, and how to use it effectively in order to sell digital products within your app.
- [Instructor] You have just finished developing your app and now you've decided that you want it to make some money. Knowing how to use the Google Play console and corresponding API's correctly is crucial to being able to monetize digital products within your app. Hi, I'm Albert Lo. I've been developing for the Android platform natively for over five years and some of the published apps that I've worked on have billions of users. In this course, I'll help you learn how to sell digital products within your app.
We'll start by learning how to modify our existing app UI to set up for in-app purchases. Next, we will learn how to use the Gradle build system effectively to support in-app purchases. We'll also learn how to use the Play console to define our digital products, set up test users, and distribute our app to alpha test users. We'll explore code obfuscation, multiple build variants, the alpha channel in the Google Play console, and also create our own gateway to talk to the in-app billing library.
Finally, we'll put it all together using Google's in-app library to query our inventory, make purchases, and handle responses from the in-app purchase flows. I've directly used the techniques myself when developing real world apps and I'm excited to share them with you.
- Setting up an existing app for In-app Billing
- Working with the Gradle build system
- Registering a keystore
- Defining and accessing Gradle build configuration parameters from code
- Setting up a payments merchant account
- Setting up IAB test accounts
- Publishing the APK to Google Play alpha
- Defining managed products and subscription products
- Implementing In-app Billing
- Testing in-app purchases
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/20/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: UI setup for in-app billing, adding public key, publishing your APK to Google Play alpha, and implementing in-app billing.
Android App Development: Unit Testingwith James P White2h 58m Intermediate
Android App Development: RESTful Web Serviceswith David Gassner2h 49m Intermediate
1. UI Setup for In-App Billing
2. Understanding the Gradle Build System
3. Setting Up for In-App Billing
4. Defining In-App Products
5. Implement In-App Billing
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.