Get ready to learn about Android O. This course covers installing Android Studio 2.4 Preview, setting up testing devices, and leveraging the new features and enhancements of Android O to improve your apps.
- My name is David Gassner. Welcome to this introduction to Android O, the next version of Android. Android O was released as a developer preview on March 21, 2017. This short course is for experienced Android developers who want to get started right away. I'll show you where to get the early preview release of Android Studio 2.4, how to create apps that target Android O, and then how to set up devices for testing. I'll describe some of Android O's new features and behaviors.
Then, I'll review Google's code samples for Android O, including apps that demonstrate these features, dispatching notifications in channels, also known as categories, implementing autofill with edit text components, and displaying videos with picture in picture. Android developers don't know yet which sweet snack food starting with the letter O will be used to identify this new version of Android, but we can start experimenting right now with the new features it will bring.
- Installing Android Studio 2.4 Preview
- Targeting Android O in a new project
- Setting up Android O testing devices
- Exploring the new features for users
- Using display notifications in channels
- Using Autofill EditText components
- Displaying video as picture-in-picture
- Exploring other new features for developers