Explore some of the most popular cloud-based services and tools for available for Android developers. Learn how to use Crashlytics to troubleshoot crashes, structure the codebase to use any analytics provider, and more.
- [Instructor] There are many cloud-based tools and services available to help Android developers deliver a quality app. Additionally, one of the most important components of mobile engagement is analytics. This is essential for companies who want to grow revenue by attracting and retaining users. Hello, I'm Albert Lo. I've been developing for the Android platform for over four years, and some of the published apps have millions of users. In this course, I will introduce you to some of the most popular tools and services available for Android developers.
We'll start by learning about how a service like Crashlytics can help us troubleshoot crashes. Next, we'll learn how to use Fabric IO to deploy an app to remote users for beta testing. We'll explore mobile analytics providers, including Twitter and Flurry, and learn some basic techniques on how to use analytics effectively. We'll use design patterns so that we can easily switch between any mobile analytics provider. Lastly, we'll learn how to authenticate the user using Firebase Authentication, and configure parameters in runtime using Firebase Remote Configuration.
Okay, we've got a lot to cover, so let's get started.
- Configuring Android Studio
- Getting started with Fabric.io
- Preparing for Fabric.io release
- Deploying to Fabric.io Beta
- Testing beta deployment
- Setting up Fabric.io Answers
- Defining and implementing the analytics model
- Defining interfaces for analytics
- Defining and implementing the analytics trackers
- Implementing the analytics client
- Setting up a Firebase console
- Testing Firebase authentication
- Implementing and verifying remote configuration
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Unit Testingwith James P White2h 59m Intermediate
Google Firebase for Android: First Lookwith Joe Marini1h 16m Intermediate
1. Crash Reporting
2. Crashlytics Beta for Beta Deployment
3. Use Analytics
4. Firebase Authentication
5. Firebase Remote Configuration
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.