Once you've created an Android app, it's time to share it with the world. Learn how to package and distribute Android apps on Google Play and the Amazon Appstore.
- [David] I'm David Gassner. Welcome to this course about how to distribute your Android apps through the Google Play Store and other distribution channels. You've built your Android app, and now it's time to share it with the world. I'll start by describing the various channels for app distribution, including the Google Play Store, Amazon's Appstore, and others. I'll then demonstrate how to package an app for distribution and how to sideload a release APK file on your own devices. I'll show you how to minify and obfuscate your code to protect it from being easily decompiled and how to take other critical steps before you submit your app.
I'll then offer step-by-step instructions for submitting the app to the Google Play Store and to Amazon, and I'll show you how to track its progress with installation statistics, user feedbacks, and a variety of reporting options. I hope this course helps you get started with distributing your app to a wide audience of Android users.
- Packaging apps in APK files
- Building a signed APK file
- Distributing through Google Play
- Adding app graphics
- Setting pricing
- Publishing the app
- Submitting an app to Amazon
- Tracking app use in Google Play and Amazon