Get tips for marketing apps in the App Store and Google Play using app store optimization (ASO). Learn how to use keyword research, indexing, deep linking, and outstanding visuals to increase your app ranking and reach more customers.
- With over four million apps in the Google Play and App Store, getting discovered is the single biggest hurdle that you'll need to overcome in order to have any success with getting your app downloaded. Hi, I'm Mike Wong, and I spent the last sixteen years launching, marketing, and selling online Sass, desktop, and mobile apps. In doing so, I've learned what it takes to get your app to show up in search results and downloaded onto people's devices. For desktop and Sass products, the process is called search engine optimization or SEO.
For mobile apps, it's called app store optimization, or ASO for short. In this course, I'll cover why ASO is important and walk through the similarities and differences between the two major app stores and how they rank your app. Next, I'll cover the basics of ASO, and I'll provide you with the downloadable framework to do keyword research and write the title and description for you app. Then, we'll dive deeper into the world of ASO by reviewing deep links and how you can get your app index just like your website. Finally, we'll wrap things up with looking at the elements your visual assets need in order to help drive downloads, as well as a way to track and monitor your progress going forward.
There's a lot to cover, so let's get started with App Store optimization.
- Comparing the App Store and Google Play store
- How Apple and Google rank your app
- Choosing an app name, keywords, and category
- Writing a description for your app
- App indexing
- Deep linking
- Creating icons, screenshots, and demo videos
- Monitoring ASO performance