Keep the critical information on your Android phone or tablet safe and secure with these proactive and easy-to-implement tips.
- Hi. I'm Nick Brazzi and this is Android Phone and Tablet Security Fundamentals. Now, this course is not a detailed analysis of security concepts for developers or security professionals. No, this course is for average users of Android phones and tablets who need to protect their data and their device from being stolen. We'll start with some general information about what you can do to protect your own security. We'll talk about weighing inconveniences against certain security precautions.
And I'll give you some tips for keeping your passwords well-protected. Next, we'll get into things that you can do to protect your device if somebody is able to take it away from you. Passcode locks are essential to this conversation but we'll also talk about some other tools. I'll talk about what you can do to lock the data on your device from being accessed remotely, either through a hacked online account or to a non-secure Wi-Fi network. I'll talk a little bit about malware, or malicious software and how you can avoid it.
And, of course, we'll use Android Device Manager to see how you can locate and erase a lost or stolen device. So, if you use an Android device, I really hope you'll join me for this course. Android Phone and Tablet Security Fundamentals.
- Protecting passwords
- Working with a Google account
- Keeping software up to date
- Enabling screen lock and Smart Lock
- Locating and disabling a lost device
- Adjusting app privacy permissions
- Installing malware-free apps