Explore the Internet of Things—a world that includes webcams, wearable tech, smart appliances, and more. These Android tutorials show you how to create your own "things" and control them with Android apps.
- Hi, I'm Michael Lehman. Welcome to Programming the Internet of Things with Android. All over the world, there are things being invented. Tiny, battery-powered internet-connected computers embedded in everything imaginable. Ranging from smart watches like this Pebble, and the Android Wear Watch, to card data connectors and nearly invisible, wearable devices that can help you remember to stand up straight, like the Lumo Lift I'm wearing inside my shirt. There are new devices being released every day that keep you safe, remind you when to water your plants, and even offer you a great deal when you get to your favorite section of the local department store.
Many of these devices work with or require an app to capture data over time and provide a connection to the cloud. In this course, we'll first take a look at what's inside a typical thing, and then dive deep into how to build companion apps for your Android devices using Bluetooth and WiFi. We'll build a micro weather station, and an app that changes the color of your living room lights using your Android Wear Watch. So take a deep breath, and let's get started programming the Internet of Things with Android.
- Exploring the Internet of Things
- Understanding sensors and effectors
- Connecting inputs and outputs
- Connecting to devices via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- Creating Bluetooth apps using Android
- Creating your own things with programmable hardware
- Using IFTTT to program things
- Exploring the trends in things
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Note-Taking App for Android (2013)with David Gassner3h 7m Intermediate
Programming the Internet of Things with iOSwith Michael Lehman2h 49m Intermediate
1. The Internet of Things (IoT)
2. Composing a Thing
3. Connecting to Things
4. Creating Things
5. Managing Your Things
6. The Future of IoT
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.