Learn how to prepare, package, and publish your Android app on Google Play, and investigate other distribution platforms offered by Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] My name is David Gassner, and this is Distributing Android Apps. In this course I'll start with an overview of the most popular Android app distribution channels including Google Play, Amazon and The Nook Store. I'll then describe how to prepare an app for distribution, I'll show you how to obscure and compress your code with ProGuard, and how to apply licensing and encryption techniques, I'll then describe how to upload your app to Google Play and to Amazon, how to find out how your app is doing and tell you about some other potential distribution channels.
If you're an Android developer, I hope this course helps you get your apps to the users you want to serve.
- Packaging an Android app
- Distributing through Google vs. Amazon vs. Barnes & Noble
- Exporting the APK file
- Testing the app
- Shrinking and protecting an app with ProGuard
- Creating and uploading screenshots to Google Play
- Adding in-app products
- Tracking app usage and revenue