One way to view your Realm database is by means of the Realm browser. This application is available for Mac devices. Learn how to use it to inspect your Realm database in this video.
- [Instructor] One way to view your Realm database,…is by means of the Realm browser.…This application can be downloaded…from the Mac app store, and it's available for free.…Keep in mind, the browser is currently…only available for Macs.…Realm recommends the Realm stetho library…if you're on a Windows or Linux machine.…In order to use the browser,…we will need to retreive our Realm database…file from the device.…So let's review how we can do that.…
First, we're going to go ahead and open up the terminal.…Now, we need to make sure we have the device running…and available through the adb command.…So just run adb devices to confirm.…You should see your device listed.…Next, we want to pull the Realm database…file from the device.…This is similar to how we've pulled our SQL Lite…databases in the past.…The only difference is the path to the Realm database…is slightly different.…
So we're going to type adb pull, forward slash,…data, data, our package name, info dot adavis,…dot topsy turvy, another forward slash,…but this time, we're going to type files.…
To begin, Annyce Davis reviews using the de facto data persistence solution available on Android: SQLite. She takes you through basic SQLite concepts—such as how to create a database wrapper and insert data into a table—as well as a few more advanced topics. Next, she covers working with Cupboard, an open-source project dedicated to simplifying your SQLite interactions. To wrap up, she dives into working with Realm, an object database solution designed with mobile devices in mind. Throughout the course, Annyce discusses establishing relationships between database tables, creating and running queries, as well as performing data migrations.
- Overview of SQLite
- Defining a database table's schema
- Exploring SQLite create table syntax
- Executing create table statements
- Inserting data with a foreign key relation
- Inspecting the database using a terminal
- Updating and deleting records
- Working with Cupboard
- Working with Realm
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/24/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover working with Room.
Android App Development: Unit Testingwith James P White2h 58m Intermediate
Learning Firebase Cloud Messaging for Androidwith Joe Marini52m 49s Intermediate
1. SQLite Basics
2. SQLite Beyond the Basics
3. Working with Room
4. Working with Cupboard
5. Realm Basics
6. Realm Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.