Understand how tabs work in the Android web browser app. Add a new tab in the web browser. Summon a blank tab. Open a link in a new tab. Switch between tabs. Close one or more tabs. Learn when to use incognito tabs and close incognito tabs.
- [Narrator] Your Android web browser app…uses a tabbed interface.…It allows you to view and manage…multiple web pages at once.…In fact, whenever you're using the browser app,…you're probably using tabs, you just might…not be aware of it.…Tabs work differently between an Android phone and a tablet,…but some features are consistent.…For both devices, you tap the action overflow and…you choose "new tab" to see a new tab.…On an Android tablet, the new tab appears at…the top of the screen, similar to how Chrome…works on a computer.…
The new tab screen shows Google's search box,…plus thumbnails for frequently visited websites.…You can tap a thumbnail to visit that site,…or you can type the address of a new site to visit.…To open a link in a new tab, long press the link.…Choose open in new tab.…The new tab is spawned, and the link opens in that tab.…The browser doesn't switch to the tab.…This begs the question of how you switch tabs.…The method differs between a phone and a tablet.…To switch tabs on a tablet, you tap the tap…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Understanding the Home screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. Managing Apps
4. Your Mobile Address Book
5. Mobile Email
6. On the Phone
7. The Mobile Web
8. Smile for the Camera
9. From Here to There
10. Plan Your Day
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.