Learn how to navigate the exercise files associated with this course.
- [Instructor] This course is accompanied by exercise files that you can download and use to follow along with the demonstrations on screen. I've placed the exercise files here on my desktop. The files are organized by lesson. One directory for each lesson. And inside of each there are two sub-directories. The first is called Start. This is state of the application at the beginning of the video. The second is called Finish.
It is the complete state of the application at the end of the video. Keep in mind however that not all videos will have exercise files. Only those which require a code. I'll take you on a walk through of this sample application in the next video.
Looking for study partners?Join the Associate Android Developer Exam study group
By persisting your data, you can provide users with a more seamless experience with your app—even when they go offline. If you're an Android app developer, you have many data persistence options to choose from. In this course, learn about various options for storing your app's data in a database.
To begin, Annyce Davis reviews using the de facto data persistence solution available on Android: SQLite. She takes you through basic SQLite concepts—such as how to create a database wrapper and insert data into a table—as well as a few more advanced topics. Next, she covers working with Cupboard, an open-source project dedicated to simplifying your SQLite interactions. To wrap up, she dives into working with Realm, an object database solution designed with mobile devices in mind. Throughout the course, Annyce discusses establishing relationships between database tables, creating and running queries, as well as performing data migrations.
- Overview of SQLite
- Defining a database table's schema
- Exploring SQLite create table syntax
- Executing create table statements
- Inserting data with a foreign key relation
- Inspecting the database using a terminal
- Updating and deleting records
- Working with Cupboard
- Working with Realm
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/24/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover working with Room.
Learning Firebase Cloud Messaging for Androidwith Joe Marini52m 49s Intermediate
1. SQLite Basics
2. SQLite Beyond the Basics
3. Working with Room
4. Working with Cupboard
5. Realm Basics
6. Realm Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.