Explore common features for Android apps, including using the Action Overflow and Navigation Drawer. Find out how to locate apps in folders or on the Apps Drawer, switch between running apps or dismiss apps from the Overview, and understand that you don't quit apps, though some apps feature an exit or sign-off action.
- [Instructor] App is short for application.…These are the programs you run that make your phone…or tablet do useful, interesting or entertaining things.…You'll spend most of your time on your Android running apps.…To start an app, tap its launcher icon on the home screen.…On the home screen, you can swipe left or right…to view the various home screen pages.…Now, some launchers may dwell in folders…such as this Google folder.…You tap the folder to open it and then tap a launcher…to open that app such as Google Drive.…
The app opens filling the screen.…Most Android apps have similar features and controls.…Once you become familiar with one, using another is easy.…You can tap the action overflow…to see a list of actions or commands.…Think of it as a menu button.…Tap the back navigation icon to dismiss the menu.…Many apps feature a side menu icon…in the upper left corner of the screen.…Tap that icon to view the navigation drawer.…
The navigation drawer displays various options…and additional actions for the app.…The Settings action displays a screen…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
Google Drive Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton1h 30m Appropriate for all
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.