Dependencies are declarations in the app module's build script. Each dependency references a software library that's stored either in a local Maven repo or in an online source. Learn about the most common dependencies and how to manage the build scripts.
- [Narrator] The Gradle build system which is integrated…into Android Studio depends on a system known as Maven.…A Maven repository is a library of libraries.…A place where developers can share libraries…and other developers can download them.…You declare dependencies in your applications…Gradle build file that point to libraries stored in Maven.…In your project level build file,…you can declare variables that are used to determine…the versions of various libraries that you'll be using,…but the actual dependencies should be declared in…the module "build.gradle" file.…
Their down here in the dependencies section…and each starts with the keyword implementation and…then is followed by a string.…Strings that combine literal values with variables…must be wrapped in double quotes but simple strings…such as the one for the "appcompat" library can be…wrapped either single or double quotes.…In this application I have a number of dependencies…that use support libraries.…A support library contains components and code…that are integrated into your application.…
- Installing Android Studio
- Creating your first Android Studio project
- Managing configuration files, including Gradle scripts
- Defining screens with activities
- Implementing designs in XML layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Android Studio Essential Trainingwith David Gassner2h 28m Beginner
Android P First Look for Developerswith David Gassner36m 30s Beginner
What you should know2m 10s
1. Android Development Fundamentals
2. Getting Started
3. Explore Android Projects
4. Android App Architecture
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.