Discuss Firebase Remote Configuration: what it does and why it is needed for this project.
- [Instructor] Remote configuration enables…changing certain settings in the app in real time.…In the course of developing an app,…there are various parameters and settings…that need to be set up.…For example, in a mobile e-commerce app,…the marketing department may or may not want…the user to have the option to pay in-app,…see store hours, or use guest accounts.…There are also parameters, like the maximum amount…of product or color schemes that can be ordered by region.…These are all parameters that are generally hard-coded…into the app, but can actually be configured…in real-time if the requirements justify it.…
In the context of our app, we want to be able…to enable or disable battery monitoring in real time…for our power failure demonstration.…So, we want to be able to change the parameters…of battery monitoring, which is enabling…it or disabling, without recompiling the app.…
- Configuring Android Studio
- Getting started with Fabric.io
- Preparing for Fabric.io release
- Deploying to Fabric.io Beta
- Testing beta deployment
- Setting up Fabric.io Answers
- Defining and implementing the analytics model
- Defining interfaces for analytics
- Defining and implementing the analytics trackers
- Implementing the analytics client
- Setting up a Firebase console
- Testing Firebase authentication
- Implementing and verifying remote configuration
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Unit Testingwith James P White2h 58m Intermediate
Google Firebase for Android: First Lookwith Joe Marini1h 16m Intermediate
1. Crash Reporting
2. Crashlytics Beta for Beta Deployment
3. Use Analytics
4. Firebase Authentication
5. Firebase Remote Configuration
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.