Learn about Firebase: what it is and why it is needed for this project.
- [Instructor] What is the use case for Firebase?…Well nowadays app development is…becoming an increasingly complex activity.…The more complicated the app the more likely…it will need backend services.…Backend services follow a different business model…than app development.…The skill set required for developing backend services…is not the same as for mobile development.…The most common use cases for having a backend service…would be if you're developing a gaming app scoreboard…or if you're developing a chat app…or if you have some user management needs for your app.…
What is a backend as a service?…It basically provides a common set of services…for mobile apps, via APIs or SDKs…to either consume data or to store data in The Cloud.…It is an industry created solely…by the rising popularity of mobile devices…and backend as a service platform basically addresses…the most common needs of mobile app development…such as push notifications, authentication…remote config and analytics.…
Who are the top backend as a service providers…
- Configuring Android Studio
- Getting started with Fabric.io
- Preparing for Fabric.io release
- Deploying to Fabric.io Beta
- Testing beta deployment
- Setting up Fabric.io Answers
- Defining and implementing the analytics model
- Defining interfaces for analytics
- Defining and implementing the analytics trackers
- Implementing the analytics client
- Setting up a Firebase console
- Testing Firebase authentication
- Implementing and verifying remote configuration
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Crash Reporting
2. Crashlytics Beta for Beta Deployment
3. Use Analytics
4. Firebase Authentication
5. Firebase Remote Configuration
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.