When you upload an APK, you can either publish it to the production channel, which means it will be available to the general public, or to one of the testing channels. There are internal, closed, and open testing channels. With the internal and closed channels, you provide a set of email addresses, which must be Google accounts, that are authorized to install the app. The open channel will publish the app to the Play Store marked as unreleased.
- [Instructor] Now that we have…a Google Play Developer account,…we can get started publishing our apps.…From the Google Play Developer console,…click the blue button that says Publish an Android App…on Google Play.…Select the primary language,…English in my case, and give it a title.…For our sample app, this will be Simple Astronomy POD…and click Create.…You will first be brought to a screen…asking you to fill out information…about the store listing for your app.…
We will come back to this.…For now, on the left, go to App Releases near the top.…From here, we have a few options.…Google offers us the ability…to manage a few different release tracks…to help us better test our apps…and monitor how they behave when installed…through the Play Store.…It also allows us the ability to more easily deploy updates…to our testers remotely.…If you scroll down to the bottom,…the first test track you'll see…is the internal test track…and can be used to test updates quickly…making them available to testers…before the Play Store tests…
- Exploring the distribution options
- Cleaning up your code
- Building a signed APK file
- Configuring build types and variants
- Distributing through Google Play
- Adding app graphics
- Setting pricing
- Publishing the app in Google Play
- Submitting an app to Amazon
- Tracking app use in Google Play and Amazon
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. Know Your Distribution Options
2. Package an App for Distribution
3. Distribute through the Google Play Store
4. Distribute through Amazon
5. Track an App's Usage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.