Android Studio is based on IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition. The product depends on plugins to provide support for specific languages and other tools. Learn how to manage the Kotlin plugin and how updating it affects your Android projects.
- [Instructor] When you're building applications…using the Kotlin programming language,…you're using the Kotlin plugin in Android Studio…and periodically that plugin will be upgraded by Google.…When that happens you'll see a notification…pop up like this one.…In order to upgrade any plugin,…you'll first install the plugin…and then restart Android Studio.…And then in the case of the Kotlin plugin,…you'll need to make a change to…your application configuration.…I'll click Install and then I'll wait a moment…while the new version of the plugin…is downloaded to my system…and installed in my Android Studio installation.…
Then when prompted I'll click the link…to restart Android Studio.…It'll take a few moments for Android Studio to restart,…but when it comes back…but when it reappears it should come back…to the same basic layout.…And if you see this Tip of the day dialogue,…you can uncheck the option and then close the dialogue.…If you see other notifications…that you want to ignore,…move the cursor over the notification…
- Installing Android Studio
- Creating your first Android Studio project
- Managing configuration files, including Gradle scripts
- Defining screens with activities
- Implementing designs in XML layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Android P First Look for Developerswith David Gassner36m 30s Beginner
Android Studio Essential Trainingwith David Gassner2h 28m Beginner
What you should know2m 10s
1. Android Development Fundamentals
2. Getting Started
3. Explore Android Projects
4. Android App Architecture
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.