Keeping your iPhone or iPad on the newest software is one of the easiest ways to keep your device secure. Ryan Spence explains why software upgrades are important to security. Learn how to securely acquire new software from Apple's legetimate channels, and why jailbreaking can leave you vulnerable to external threats and hackers.
- One of the best actions I can take…to make sure my device remains safe…is to update the operating system…soon after updates are released.…No operating system is without its flaws,…and iOS is no different.…Every software update contains minor and major fixes.…The vulnerabilities that have been discovered…are fixed, tested, and the update is released to the public…through the download from Apple App Store.…Although updates generally come with notes…about what the update is fixing…in the matter of vulnerabilities,…Apple tends to not disclose the holes it is patching…in order to not exacerbate the vulnerability.…
Note it is possible for an update to affect the applications…your device is running.…Before updating, it could be helpful to read through…the release notes and look for warnings.…Before any update, it is always a good policy…to check the status of my backups…just in case the update procedure disables my phone.…I backed up my device through iTunes.…So, with my device attached to my computer…and the device selected in the iTunes menu bar,…
- Understanding mobile security risks
- Buying and disposing of mobile devices
- Setting up mobile passwords
- Implementing lock screen security
- Adjusting Android admin settings and iOS privacy options
- Setting up options to find your phone
- Securing cameras, microphones, and other hardware on your mobile device
Skill Level Beginner
1. Considering the Need for Security
2. Securing an Android Device
3. Securing an iOS Device
4. Securing Device Hardware
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.