Explore the Android home screen and recognize important parts. Discover the status bar, notifications, status icons. Learn about the navigation icons: Back, Home, and Recent. View the notification drawer. Deal with a notification. Dismiss notifications. Access Quick Settings to turn on or off various Android features.
- [Instructor] Behold the typical Android home screen.…It features several parts.…Atop the screen is the status bar.…It shows notification icons on the left,…status icons on the right.…The center of the home screen is festooned…with launchers and widgets.…A launcher, also called an icon,…represents an app.…Tap the launcher to start or launch…the associated app.…A widget is a tiny window that displays information…or controls some Android feature.…
It could be the same size as a launcher…or it could fill the screen.…At the bottom of the home screen…dwell three navigation icons.…They are back, home and recent.…The back icon is your Android's reverse gear.…It backs you up.…Tap the back icon to cancel a menu,…to dismiss an on screen keyboard,…return to the previous screen…or to back out of an app.…I'm going to press and hold the power lock key…to display the device options menu.…
To cancel I tap the back navigation icon…and the menu goes away.…The recent icon displays a list of recently opened…or currently running apps.…The official term for this screen is the overview.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Understanding the Home screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. Managing Apps
4. Your Mobile Address Book
5. Mobile Email
6. On the Phone
7. The Mobile Web
8. Smile for the Camera
9. From Here to There
10. Plan Your Day
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.