Learn how to use the share icon to attach items to an email message. To share a photo, start in the Photos or Gallery app, locate the image, and tap the Share icon. Choose Gmail or the Email app to share the photo and complete the message. To deal with incoming email attachments, look for the paperclip icon. View photo attachments directly, or tap the attachment item to download, save to your Google Drive, or preview. Use the Downloads app to review saved attachments.
- [Narrator] On your Android,…you don't attach something to an email message,…you share it.…Sharing is a big deal and probably a new concept for you,…especially if you're familiar with using computers.…For example, to attach a photo to an email message,…you don't start out in the email app.…Instead you go to the source.…To the photos app or the gallery app.…Locate the photo you want to attach…to an email message.…View it full screen,…tap the share icon.…Now, if the icon disappears,…tap the screen again and it'll show up.…
The share card lists apps or methods for sharing the photo.…It also contains a "to" shortcut…for creating a Gmail message.…But instead, I'm going to choose the Gmail app.…Your Android may prompt you…to send a link to the message instead,…or to resize the image.…Links are ideal for sharing images already on the internet.…And smaller sizes work best on phones and tablets…where the resolution isn't particularly high.…In Gmail, shown here,…the attachment appears in the message body.…You can continue to compose the message,…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Understanding the Home screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. Managing Apps
4. Your Mobile Address Book
5. Mobile Email
6. On the Phone
7. The Mobile Web
8. Smile for the Camera
9. From Here to There
10. Plan Your Day
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.