Review location history collected by your Android. See where you've been today or recently. Remove the location history from the Maps app. Control the capability of various apps to track your location. Disable the master location control. Deal with location permission cards when using apps.
- [Instructor] If you ever get the feeling…that your Android is spying on you, you're right.…The device tracks your activity,…including your physical location.…If you'd rather not be digitally shadowed,…you can disable the feature.…On your Android, open the Maps app.…In the upper left corner of the screen,…tap the side menu icon.…On the navigation drawer, choose your timeline.…Here's where I've been today with my phone.…Tap the calendar icon and choose a date.…
And here's where I was yesterday, flying to the studio.…To disable this tracking feature,…in the upper right corner of the screen,…tap the three dots, the action overflow.…Choose settings.…Beneath the location settings heading,…you see items to control location history.…First tap location history is on.…To disable this feature,…slide the master control to the off position.…Read the warning, or not, and tap OK.…
Then choose delete all location history.…Regarding this warning, apps won't malfunction,…but those apps that, well, spy on you,…can no longer do so if you erase the history…
- Explain how to remove all geotag location data from images.
- Recognize the downside of disabling backup and synchronization processes for your Android.
- Recall what information is not affected by a factory data reset.
- Determine what to do when an app asks permission to access strange applications.
- Identify the dangers associated with an open network.
- Explain why users should never skip Android updates.