Learn how to send a text message to a specific cell number or contact. In addition, find out how to continue text message conversations. start a group text message conversation, send media with a text message, and change the phone's text message notification sound.
- [Instructor] Texting is more popular today than email,…or even making phone calls.…It's a feature available only to Android phones.…The Text app is usually found…on the Favorites tray.…The default Android app is named Messages.…Though, on your device it could be called something similar,…such as Messaging, Message Plus,…or, even the obvious Texting.…It's all pretty much the same app.…To compose a text message,…open the phone's text messaging app.…The app's main screen lists conversations…associated with various contacts…in your Android's address book,…plus other text messages that come in…from various sources,…such as the phone company,…or a doctor's office confirming an appointment.…
To continue a conversation, choose an entry.…Type your message into the text field.…Text messages are short, typically a line or two.…Spelling is optional.…Punctuation is unheard of.…Tap the Send icon to whisk off the message.…Text messages are delivered instantly,…so you may see a reply right away.…If so, keep texting.…Otherwise, you're free to do other things with your phone.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.