Discover your phone's text messaging app. Learn how to set a new app as the text messaging app, resume a conversation, start a new text messaging conversation, send a text to a smartphone number (when you don't know the contact's name), start a group text message, delete a text message conversation, and attach a photo to a text message.
- [Narrator] Perhaps the most popular form…of communications today is text messaging.…In fact, some people send more texts…than they make phone calls.…And for good reason.…Often text messages are returned more quickly than calls.…The text messaging app on your Android has…a name similar to Messages.…It could be exactly that, or Messenger,…Messaging, Text Messages, or perhaps, the obvious, Texting.…It's all pretty much the same app.…You should find this app on your home screen…right on the favorites tray.…And you can confirm which is app is used…to text when you open the Settings app.…
Choose Apps or Applications, tap the Settings icon,…and select SMS app.…Now on a Samsung phone, you choose the…Default Applications item, then choose Messaging app.…And here you see that the Google Messenger app,…which is the default, and Google's favorite app,…is the SMS or Text Messaging app.…If you prefer to use another app, choose it from the list.…To compose a text message, open the phone's…text messaging app.…
The app's main screen lists conversations…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Understanding the Home screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. Managing Apps
4. Your Mobile Address Book
5. Mobile Email
6. On the Phone
7. The Mobile Web
8. Smile for the Camera
9. From Here to There
10. Plan Your Day
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.