Matt demonstrates the use of the list maker app with all of the data stored in DynamoDB. Signing in with multiple different user accounts verifies that the app database query methods are only returning data for the current user. Deleting and reinstalling the app on the simulator verifies that the data is stored in the cloud and not stored locally on the device.
- [Instructor] So now that we've updated…all of the methods that handle our data,…and it's getting everything from DynamoDB,…we're finally ready to run our demo app…and see how it behaves.…So I'm just gonna press Run here,…and we're gonna run this on the pixel emulator…like we've been doing.…So I'm gonna start by logging-in…with an email and password.…Then I'll press Sign-In.…Don't need to save that password.…Now I'm gonna create a couple lists.…Just created a list called Colors here,…and I'll add a couple items to the list.…
And I'll go back and I'm gonna add…another list as well.…How 'bout Shapes.…I'll add a couple items to that list.…And all of this data is being saved…in our tables in DynamoDB.…I'm just gonna make sure, for example,…the delete functionality still works.…There we go.…And so, the first thing that I wanna demonstrate…is that DynamoDB is using the user information…to determine which lists and which items…apply to each user.…
So if I sign out and I sign in with a different account,…there shouldn't be any lists associated…
- Creating a project on AWS Mobile Hub
- Adding user authentication with AWS
- Setting up user sign in and sign out
- Setting up user sign in with Google and Facebook
- Adding AWS DynamoDB for data storage
- Performing database queries and updates
- Amazon Pinpoint, AWS Device Farm, and AWS AppSync
Skill Level Intermediate
Advanced Android Espresso Testingwith Chiu-Ki Chan1h 37m Advanced
Android App Development: Accessibilitywith Renato Iwashima2h 56m Intermediate
Android App Development: Enterprise Integrationwith Jon-Luke West47m 51s Intermediate
What you should know1m 34s
1. Introduction to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
2. Add User Authentication with AWS
3. Add AWS DynamoDB for Data Storage
4. Other AWS Services
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.