Similar to testing managed application configurations, lock task mode can be tested using the Test DPC application. In this video, Jon-Luke wraps up testing the example app by enabling lock task mode and showing the viewer how a managed device behaves while in this mode.
- [Narrator] Now that our device…is configured as a work-managed device,…we can test lock task mode in our enterprise application.…First, we need to install our application.…To do this, we will need to connect the device…to our development machine…to install it using ADB.…I've already gone ahead and plugged my device in.…If you haven't yet, go ahead and do that now.…Before continuing, let's turn on developer options,…so we can talk to our device over ADB.…Swipe down and go to settings.…
Scroll to the bottom, to about.…Scroll down to your build number, and tap it…until it tells you you're a developer.…Hit back,…and now we have our developer options.…Go in there,…and make sure it's turned on.…Let's also make sure that USB debugging is on,…and that our device is authenticated.…Now, let's open Android Studio and go to the terminal.…
We will run ADB install,…and let's grab the path to our exercise files,…and paste with double quotes.…Looks good.…Once the application is installed,…we can go back to our device.…Let's start by opening up the Test DPC app.…
Instructor Jon-Luke West first reviews the key concepts of enterprise mobility management in Android: important APIs, the role of the device administrator, and the types of devices you should plan to target. He reviews the three primary use cases, including bring your own device (BYOD) and corporate-owned single-use (COSU) scenarios. Then he dives straight into the code, showing how to implement three enterprise integration features: managed application configurations, app pinning, and locked task mode. Finally, he shows how to test the features on a managed device.
- Enterprise mobility management (EMM) and mobile device management (MDM)
- Android EMM APIs
- Use cases: BYOD, work-manage devices, and COSU
- Checking restrictions and restriction changes for managed configurations
- App pinning and lock task mode
- Testing enterprise integration features using Test DPC