After setting up a developer account, you must complete your store listing like you did for the Google Play Store and get your app approved by Amazon before it will be published. If your app doesn't use anything specific to the Play store, such as Google Play services or in-app purchases, you can submit the same APK that you did on Google Play. If your app does use those sorts of services, you might need a different "flavor" APK, for example, a version that uses Amazon API's instead of Google API's.
- [Instructor] Before you get going creating the store…listing for your application in the Amazon App Store,…I recommend that you get in the habit of double checking…your apps compatibility with the Amazon eco-system.…Aside from thumbing through your code…and the included packages looking…for Google specific references,…you can use Amazon's App Testing Service…directly through their website.…From the dashboard of the Amazon Developer Console,…go to the Apps & Services section.…And then click App Testing Service right underneath.…
With this, you can quickly upload your APK…and get a report detailing what unsupported software…libraries, or device features you are using,…or if there are any common issues…with your implementation of the Amazon APIs.…Click Start Testing to begin uploading an APK.…I'm pretty sure that my sample app will be okay,…but just to be sure, I'll click Browse.…And then select the release APK that we generated previously…in the course to test it.…
As soon as the APK is uploaded,…it will begin running all of its tests.…
- Exploring the distribution options
- Cleaning up your code
- Building a signed APK file
- Configuring build types and variants
- Distributing through Google Play
- Adding app graphics
- Setting pricing
- Publishing the app in Google Play
- Submitting an app to Amazon
- Tracking app use in Google Play and Amazon
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. Know Your Distribution Options
2. Package an App for Distribution
3. Distribute through the Google Play Store
4. Distribute through Amazon
5. Track an App's Usage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.