Join Albert Lo for an in-depth discussion in this video Test Firebase authentication, part of Building Android Apps with Cloud Services.
- [Instructor] Now we are ready to test…the Firebase authentication code…that we implemented in the previous video.…Before we run our app,…let's first add some logging to help us know…where we are in the code.…We go to SignInActivity,…and the handleFirebaseAuthResult.…Previously, in this method,…we just added a simple login success message.…To be more helpful, let's modify this message…by adding in the user's email.…We can get that from the Firebase user object,…and we can get that from the AuthResult.…
So, let's go in and create the Firebase user,…and we will call AuthResult.getUser…Now, we will modify this string…to say welcome user,…and we will add in the user's email.…Now, let's go to FirebaseActivity,…and we go to the logout method.…
We are going to add a toast message here, as well,…so let me just go and copy…the toast message from here,…and we will paste it into our logout method…in FirebaseActivity, here,…and our string will simply be…Logged out of Firebase.…Now, note that FirebaseActivity…extends AppCompatActivity,…
- Configuring Android Studio
- Getting started with Fabric.io
- Preparing for Fabric.io release
- Deploying to Fabric.io Beta
- Testing beta deployment
- Setting up Fabric.io Answers
- Defining and implementing the analytics model
- Defining interfaces for analytics
- Defining and implementing the analytics trackers
- Implementing the analytics client
- Setting up a Firebase console
- Testing Firebase authentication
- Implementing and verifying remote configuration
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Crash Reporting
2. Crashlytics Beta for Beta Deployment
3. Use Analytics
4. Firebase Authentication
5. Firebase Remote Configuration
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.