Before lock task mode can be tested, a device must be configured for the work-managed or COSU use cases. The Test DPC app can be deployed to mimic these configurations. Jon-Luke shows you how to provision a device using Test DPC running in device owner mode so that the lock task mode feature can be tested.
- Before we can test lock task mode in our application,…the device policy controller needs to be…set up in device owner mode.…There are a couple of methods for doing this…outlined in the Test DPC documentation…on the Github page.…We will be using the QR Code method listed first.…This method requires that we are using…a device running Android Nougat or later…that is in factory state.…I've gone ahead and prepared…a physical device for this.…So let's go to our device…and start the provisioning process.…
When our device has finished booting,…and presents us with the welcome screen,…we can begin.…Tap the welcome screen six times.…One, two, three, four, five, six.…This will bring us to a…device provisioning wizard…that will ask us to connect to a wireless network…so that it can download a QR Reader for us to use.…Go ahead and connect to your wireless network now.…Once we are connected,…the device will automatically begin…downloading the reader and installing it.…
This may take a couple minutes.…When the QR Reader is done installing,…
Instructor Jon-Luke West first reviews the key concepts of enterprise mobility management in Android: important APIs, the role of the device administrator, and the types of devices you should plan to target. He reviews the three primary use cases, including bring your own device (BYOD) and corporate-owned single-use (COSU) scenarios. Then he dives straight into the code, showing how to implement three enterprise integration features: managed application configurations, app pinning, and locked task mode. Finally, he shows how to test the features on a managed device.
- Enterprise mobility management (EMM) and mobile device management (MDM)
- Android EMM APIs
- Use cases: BYOD, work-manage devices, and COSU
- Checking restrictions and restriction changes for managed configurations
- App pinning and lock task mode
- Testing enterprise integration features using Test DPC