Learn how the Phone app works and explore its various parts. Find out how to answer an incoming call when the phone is locked or when you're using some other app; quickly place calls to a contact by typing their name on the dial pad; and review missed call notifications and the call history list.
- [Instructor] The app on your phone that lets you use it…as a phone is titled Phone or sometimes Dialer.…You'll find this app on the Home screen,…affixed to the Favorites tray.…Tap the icon to summon the Phone app.…The phone app's appearance differs from Android to Android,…but the main parts are the dial pad, summoned here…by tapping the dial pad icon.…The list of recent calls or the call history,…a list of favorite or frequent contacts,…and access to the phone's address book.…
To place a call, you can choose a contact.…Pluck one out of the list of contacts or choose a favorite.…If a contact has multiple numbers and a default isn't set,…you'll be prompted to select a number.…Otherwise, the call dials or you might have…to tap the number on the contact's card…to dial that number.…You can also use the Address Book app directly,…choose a contact, and then tap their number…to dial the call.…Back in the Phone app, using the dialer isn't as quaint…as it seems.…Start typing a number.…
As you type, matching contacts appear in the list.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.