After setting up a developer account, you can immediately publish your apps on Amazon. If your app does not use anything specific to the Play Store, such as Google Play services or in-app purchases, you can submit the same APK that you did on Google Play. If your app does use those sorts of services, you might need a different "flavor" APK - for example, a version that uses Amazon API's instead of Google API's.
- [Instructor] Once you've created…your Amazon Developer account,…you can deploy your apps.…Go to the Developer Console…and then click on Add a New App.…Indicate the platform…whether the application is for Android,…Mobile Web or PC and Mac.…I'll choose Android and click Next.…On this screen, enter your application title…and set basic categories.…I'll set my app title as Nadia's Garden Restaurant…and the category as Food and Drink.…By default, support information…is based on your Developer account's info…or you can uncheck this option…and provide specific information for this particular app.…
I'll click Save and that brings me to this screen.…I'll click over here on Binary File…and this is where I upload my APK.…If you accept Amazon DRM,…your app will be prevented from unauthorized distribution.…I recommend leaving that at Yes.…Next, upload your APK file, click this option…and then navigate to the location of your APK.…I'll go to my Desktop and then to one of the folders…where I have an APK and I'll select the APK.…
- Packaging apps in APK files
- Building a signed APK file
- Distributing through Google Play
- Adding app graphics
- Setting pricing
- Publishing the app
- Submitting an app to Amazon
- Tracking app use in Google Play and Amazon
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Game App with the Android SDKwith David Gassner2h 6m Intermediate
1. Know Your Distribution Options
2. Package and Test the App
3. Distribute through the Google Play Store
4. Distribute through Amazon
5. Track an App's Usage
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.